With Bristol Yacht Club and Herreshoff Marine Museum taking the lead, these programs will be open to high school and college students of Narragansett Bay, including Roger Williams, Brown, URI, Salve Regina, plus high school sailing teams locally.
Schedule, July 10 – August 19, 2023
- Practices on Mondays and Thursdays, 5pm – 8pm
- Practices will also happen four of six weekends, with overnights on 7/29-30 and 8/12-13. Sailing days may depend on weather forecasts and could be subject to change.
- Ida Lewis Distance Race, August 18th-19th (100nm)
- Coursework includes the US Sailing Online and Hands-on Safety at Sea program, and upon passing results in certification
Session Cost: $2450 / student
2023 Schedule: June 24/25; July 22/23; Aug 5/6 (9am-5pm)
- Clinic 1: Sat/Sun, June 24/25. Level: more experienced, toward races. Topics: Safety protocols & drills; sail selection; boat handling; navigation.
- Clinic 2: Sat/Sun, July 22/23. Level: all experienced levels. Topics: Introduction to Figaro 2; offshore sailing.
- Clinic 3: Sat/Sun, Aug 5/6. Level: all experienced levels. Topics: Introduction to Figaro 2; offshore sailing.
Session Cost: $450 / student
Intermediate Program (Races)
Choose 1 or Both Races from this list.
- Race 1: Sid Clark Race
- 10am July 1- 12 pm July 2, Overnight Practice
- 10am July 8 – 12pm July 9. Sid Clark Overnight Race (100nm: Bristol YC – Block Island – Bristol YC)
- $850 / student
- Race 2: Vineyard Race
- 10am August 26 – 12pm August 27, Overnight Practice & Delivery: Bristol, RI -> Stamford, CT
- Sept 1, Drive to Stamford, Provision
- 10am Sept 2 – 12pm Sept 4. Vineyard Race (240nm: Stamford, CT – Buzzard’s Bay – Stamford, CT)
- Sept 5, 8am – 10pm. Delivery: Stamford, CT -> Bristol, RI
- $1450 / student